Whats the difference between EMPEROR and DEITY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThaddeusAlexander

I have to agree with Catt in that it takes skill, but sometimes the AI will just pinch you out of a win with it. Its a good stand-by if you're a peacekeeper and someone is getting a bit closer to the spaceship than you are and you need to snatch their capitol which probably isn't that easy at this point in the game, and especially if they're close to the final countdown.

The problem is when the AI does it to us

It makes you feel like a real 'good guy' winning through diplomacy, in my opinion.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't play the peacekeeper to preserve a UN win possibility -- I still will almost always go to war with several civs at different times. My concerns regarding an AI UN victory (by denying myself the UN exploits) tranlate into "honorable" warfare and frequent trading. I declare war without breaking trade deals, and without units in enemy territory; I tend to not raze cities; etc. War itself does not result in a reputation hit -- though it may lower AI attitudes towards you -- frequent and fair trading not only reinforces your good reputation, but also tends to encourage positive attitudes. If my reputation is dealt a blow (deliberately or inadvertantly), then I must be sure to build the UN myself.

I win UN victories with votes from civs I've warred against and from whom I have taken cities, workers, etc. -- it is just a matter of warring honorably and paying attention to attitudes and the drift of world opinion. It's not always easy, but then that's what makes it fun.

Catt

Comment

Working...
    X