No announcement yet.

A little advice on my game needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its nice to have a continent to yourself, it just seems tidier that way. Generating GL's is a good reason to keep some (weak) enemies nearby (I learned that from th AI )
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Prince,

You have a won game. You have a good civ and most land. The only question is how do you want to win? Some options that come to mind:

A. Culture
      1. Secure rest of open continent
      2. needle Zulu to attack India
      3. when land opens, remove out of there production.
      4. actually GW are not needed. What you need is a ton of cities with
      -- lib
      -- temple
      -- cathedrals
      -- universities
      -- colloseums
      -- research labs
      5. Key here is to build early.

B. Conquest: middle ages
      1. prepare for cav warfare
      2. get 30 units you can upgrade to cav
      3. build cash so you can afford to upgrade
      4. 10 turns before cav, get Zulu && DarkGreen civ to declare war with India.
      5. Your goal is to be the third front clean up patrol

C. Conquest: industrial ages
      1. keep other civs happy during middle ages
      2. build up infrastructure
      -- happy cities
      -- as many large cities as possible
      -- resource trading
      3. get smith's
      4. early industrial, get basics
      -- RR [troop movement}
      -- hospital {Battlefield med}
      -- replace parts
      -- nationalism {mil alliance}
      5. Middle Ind Ages, start war
      -- core cities all military production
      except for 2
      -- military force:
      20-30 cav {long range resource removal and close in unit removal}
      10-20 cannon {weaken first}
      30+ infantry
      You will not advance fast, but with MA vs India it should be easy. Next I would take out Zulu because they are trigger happy anyway and by this time have lost advantage of UU.

D. Conquest: modern age
      1. keep everyone happy
      2. build at least "avg" military with strongest known civ
      3. build as many military generator cities as you can, with:
      -- 10+ citizens
      -- temple
      -- courthouse
      -- cathedral
      -- police stations {for long wars}
      -- courthouses {for WW}
      -- banks {need 5 in civ}
      -- factories
      -- marketplaces
      -- hydro/nuclear plants
      -- manufacturing plants
      4. Your goal is to have at least 10 Generators up by the time you get tanks. Then you can spit out 4-6 tanks/turn, forever.
      5. Build defensive military prior to tanks, mostly infantry.
      6. While waiting for tanks, encourage other civs to fight each other.
      7. Dangers you need to watch for as indicators you can't wait to develop this plan:
      a. one other civ is 300+ points above you and the rest
      b. falling behind in productivity && GNP
      c. other civs won't make MPP with you.

Again, with a won game the only question is how do you want to end it.

-- PF

Comment

Thanks planetfall, I'll consider the options

'Neway, here's the new view. As you can see I chose confusing colours for this map, sorry 'bout that. Dark green (northwest of the west continent) is English, Grey (northeast of west continent) is France, who have just been through a long war with Brown, the Germans. The biggest threat on that continent, along with Bismarck, is Hammurabi, 'the other pink', I mean purple

However, I think I overreacted a little when someone said 'military' I have loads and loads of Cavalry & Riders sitting idle in Nanking & Canton, and in the military screen it says my army is strong compared to.. well.. everyone! So it would be very hard for me to *not* conquer someone, now Just who'll it be... Not on my own continent, that's boring, besides, I'm doing good trade with all of them. Maybe the Babylonians, they seem to have a nice piece of land with plenty of coal and some spices & furs, all of which I don't have an abundance. I'm swimming in Incense and Gems, but they have plenty as well, so I won't get it easily by trade. Perhaps that's a job for my Cavalry, then.

I'll never win through conquest, I don't have the patience, but I might win by domination. Taking Hammurabi's share certainly wouldn't hurt me, anyway. All the major wonders are well on their way, Nationalism is a turn away, and I was the first one to enter the Industrial age. My RR network is being worked on - yup, things are nice. Time for Monarch?
        Attached Files
        The willow knows what the storm does not; that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it

Comment

I agree with Arrian on continental conuqest. However, if you don't want to do that, you'll need a lot of transports. Unless you don't want to attack the babs when already within their borders (makes bad reputation), you'll also need a lot of defending units to protect your attacking ones when they disembark. If you attack, you should go for the capital and the other oldest cities as they provides most culture and you have none on that continent.

As an alternative, you can attack the penninusla on the west in the Babylonian empire giving you a city with a chokepoint, then ask for peace followed by you transporting in reinforcements

Comment

Working...
          X