Rider or Cavalry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider or Cavalry?

Please check my saved game, there are some UNITS named Rider, but with Cavalry's ADM (6.3.3), is this a bug?
    Those units are near city Nanchang and Leping.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mikezang; October 4, 2002, 05:39.

I looked to see if they were units that had made a leader and could therefore have been named, but that is not the case (no *). They are calv, though called rider. I played china a number of times, but do not recall if that happened if I upgraded true riders.

Comment

if you make a leader and upgrade it, the * goes away, and ypou can make another leader.

if you made a leader and renamed it (to Rider in this case), the name sticks even after the upgrade, and the * drops out.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Its a cavalry unit. You don't have any riders. This can be seen if you go to the F3 military advisor screen. So its likely that its upgraded renamed unit. Maybe if you didn't rename the unit it retained the Rider designation in which case it would still be called Rider while being a cavalry unit. I always rename the units so I haven't run across this myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
          Its a cavalry unit. You don't have any riders. This can be seen if you go to the F3 military advisor screen. So its likely that its upgraded renamed unit. Maybe if you didn't rename the unit it retained the Rider designation in which case it would still be called Rider while being a cavalry unit. I always rename the units so I haven't run across this myself.
          exactly. the game doesnt see it as "not renaming the unit", it sees it as "renaming the unit 'Rider' ".

and people would b1tch if "Vlad the Impaler" were renamed to Mideval Infantry now wouldn't they?

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

The others have explained it. To avoid it in the future, either give a descriptive name to those units, or, when the rename box comes up with "Rider" pre-entered, be sure to manually click on the "x" -- hitting enter to skip past the screen causes the problem - you've just renamed that unit "Rider."

Catt

Comment

Yeah, I forgot that part. I avoid it by appending a number to the name. So it would be Rider1 and there fore be obvious and the number represents the number of leaders I generated to that point.

Comment

Working...
              X