AI is WAY agressive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI is WAY agressive!

Hi. Ive been playing a while with the 1.21 patch and it worked OK. A couple of days ago i dl the 1.29 patch and after playing about 8 hours, ive discovered that the AI is DAMN agressive, even those who are of my own culture and i have embassies whith them.

So, what do i have to do NOW to avoid WW against me?.
    Im playing in Regent.

Thanks!.
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

Have more troops. Its real simple actually. Especialy Regent on down. Have more troops and the AI tends to find another target. Have less and you look like the right place to expand into.

As far as I can tell the AI isn't anymore aggessive in 1.29f but I can't be sure because I have been warmongering since the patch and didn't warmonger before. They aren't aggressive when they are dead.

However in my last game they did seem unusually pugnacious at the very start of the game. I quickly wound up at war with all three civs on my continent. Its the first time I have seen a warrior rush by the AI. That was on Monarch not regent. The other games I have played with 1.29f haven't had that sort of mad dog action. It was started by Lincoln and he had to come through France to get at me.

I won the game anyway. Managed to get horses before anyone else.

Comment

I can't remember 1.21 well enough any longer to say, but it is quite aggressive and as Ethelred said, if you seem weak to them, you are it. Check the advisor and see if he says compared to them we are weak. If so you can expect demands or attack.

Comment

Good... let the enemy enter your territory, and use it as a training / GL tool.

When the attacks become dribs and drabs, it's your turn.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Heck, the AI just play for winning, it doesnt enjoy the game as i want to do.
          Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
          Asesino_Virtual

Comment

I've also found the AI very aggressive in my 1.29 games (including the barbs if you cant control your coastlines early). As a result of the changes, I've had to use completely different strategies even at regent (early warmonger->high science) in order to win at all.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I agree.
              Become an early warmonger and you almost will have no trouble with AI agression, it simply goes to another target, while you build your empire with forces will be able to destroy them in the future, hehe.
              Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

Asesino-

When you switch from warlord to regent, the AI loses some shackles. Your play has to change. Before you could be builder. Now you can't be pure builder. 1-2 turns of "weak" military is invititation for AI war.

How to adjust: be more selective in techs you research, trade techs more, build cash to buy techs, fight for techs, etc.

If you are religious you might consider the early archer/horsemen preemptive attack. Archers if civ is close, horsemen if civ is further away.

--PF

Comment

Working...
                X