Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The people have offered to upgrade your palace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the size/number of building events increase the happiness radius of your empire so that you can build the forbidden palace further away?

If it doesn't it should. More impressed people, bigger palace, wider happiness influence. Perhaps +1 happy citizen in each empire city or +1 radius of happiness effect so that cities in radius get +1 happy citizen per expansion of palace. Then it is not just eye candy but integral to the game.

I believe the celebration days give increased output from those cities. This should be expansion for Golden era for empire so that each city can also have golden era - perhaps triggered by first time it has celebration day. If enough cities do this at the same time it will be like mini golden era.

Regards
    Sun_Tzu
    Lady Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your drink"
    Churchill : "If I were your husband I would gladly drink it"
    Unclear words can wipe out all human life on earth if used improperly

Comment

Originally posted by sun_tzu_159
      Does the size/number of building events increase the happiness radius of your empire so that you can build the forbidden palace further away?

If it doesn't it should. More impressed people, bigger palace, wider happiness influence. Perhaps +1 happy citizen in each empire city or +1 radius of happiness effect so that cities in radius get +1 happy citizen per expansion of palace. Then it is not just eye candy but integral to the game.
      Interesting! Seems like it can be a good idea. I hope Firaxis still reads thisa forum, and not only the PTW one!

And better:
      I believe the celebration days give increased output from those cities. This should be expansion for Golden era for empire so that each city can also have golden era - perhaps triggered by first time it has celebration day. If enough cities do this at the same time it will be like mini golden era.
      This really appeals to me! I think I've read this once, maybe in The List. *remember good, old days*
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by sun_tzu_159

That could be easily exploited. Put the luxury slider to 80% and there it is, a golden age.
        "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
        --George Bernard Shaw
        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
        --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
          That could be easily exploited. Put the luxury slider to 80% and there it is, a golden age.
          You're problaby right. But I still think that it should be in in a way or another. We have to trust the mighty gods of Firaxis...!
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Thinking about this some more (and actually looking at the files involved over the weekend). In PTW, with it's better mod swapping capabilities, you (or an artist, in any case) could make a replacement set of palace graphics to go with a given scenario.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

That's cool. The only problem is, you need some talent to make this, not only will.
              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
              --George Bernard Shaw
              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
              --Woody Allen

Comment

Well, Tiberius, that's the rub, isn't it. I'm just saying that it could be done by someone with the skills.
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                X