No announcement yet.

Biological and Chemical Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retaliation for chemical and biological attacks would be too much for me to want these added to the game (no matter how cheap). There is no way to assure the destruction of an enemies ability to retaliate because you are not targeting their infrastructure but their population. If they have these weapons or nukes too, you are essentially asking for it. And this begs the question: why not just have a coordinated strike with nukes in the first place and get a better degree of protection from a counterstrike?
    "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

I say make it the same cost/range of a Tac Nuke, but have it kill off 1/5th population, pollute 4 squares, and damage some enemy units inside it, but no chance of killing. Its not a replacement for nukes, but a slightly more subtle weapon you could use to soften up a city or for when you have no uranium but still want some method of threatening your enemys. They will of course result in either automatic war or automatic embargos against your Civilization when used. I like the idea of it, but maybe we should mention this in the PtW forums so Firaxis will maybe include it. Though I doubt they'll make a whole new unit off a suggestion, maybe at least give us the option in the editor.
      "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Ruby_maser, you make a good point, a point the warhawks in the US and Soviet Union tried to make for forty years. The Chem Bio weapons are not meant to replace nukes, just provide cheap alternatives (none uranium alteratives). Both effects, either the 1/2 population reduction or the polution of surrounding squares, have no where near the destructive capacity of a nuke. Also, remember that these will be tactical missiles, so they will never have the stategic value of a ICBM. It would also make the point that nuks contribute to global warming, while these would not, just as in real life (before you all have a hissy fit, yes I know about defoliants, these weapons would be the people killing kind )
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

If a moderator happens to read this, could you please move the thread to the PTW forum, since the question now refers to the PTW editor.

Thanks
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
            If a moderator happens to read this, could you please move the thread to the PTW forum, since the question now refers to the PTW editor.

Thanks
            I think it's not about PtW but really as a general issue of Civ3, something to be added (perhaps Civ4).

And about chem/bio, I guess there should be some impact on relationship with your people (public relations) and foreign relations. You have to show it as legitim and it's not that easy.... or you have to hide it in some way... The Irak case wasn't known everywhere before quite soem time. I mean, they got no real consequences before they attacked American interest (Koweit).
            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Working...
            X