Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Civ units sneeze???

Have i missed my medication or have i just been playing to far too long,

Every time or most times i select a unit to upgrade (spearman o MI) i hear a sneeze!!!! i think its a sneeze?? is it just me ? am i going crazy???
    If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected - SunTzu

They have missed their medication.
    veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

No, you're not crazy. It is probably the rifleman unit. Personally I have the sound off (my daughter is most of the times sleeping next to my computerroom), but I do see them sneeze every once in a while....
      It is I Le Clerk! ;-) Quote from Allo allo.

Comment

Yes, I can confirm it, too. I don't exactly remember the unit, but IIRC if you select the unit and let it alone a while (without issuing any orders) the unit sneeze. It doesn't work for fortified units (they have an active order)
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

ok next obvious question, WHY? is this an in joke at firaxis?
          If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected - SunTzu

Comment

Yes, it happens with the rifleman unit. It's funny. A nice touch from the developers.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Oh crap!
              If this counts on desease level of my civ it will be worst it's now!
              I'm always the last on this...
              Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

It was probably added just to give some flavor to the game... Some humor.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucarse
                  ok next obvious question, WHY? is this an in joke at firaxis?
                  It's quite common in RTS game that units make some movement while "idle", just to catch player attention, add some movement to the map, work good while the game is showed at a shop kiosk.
                  "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                  - Admiral Naismith

Comment

It seems appropriate since the rifleman unit was the one used in World War I when the 1918 Spanish Flu killed more people than the entire war. 25 million people died from it in just one year in 1918.

So it may not just be for humor's sake; it's also historically accurate!

-Apolex

Comment

Especially unhealthy is it, to upgrade Pikemen directly to Riflemen. One coughs, the other sneezes. Stay away or you may get infected. Take an Aspirin and a hot footbath for prophylaxis.

Comment

cool
                        CSPA

Comment

That is the Fidget animation, most units have them.
                          Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                          in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                          3D Unit tutorial
                          My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Working...
                          X