Chat Log? How was the chat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Log? How was the chat?

Anybody got a chat log from Friday's chat?

How was it? Normally there's a somewhat breathless rush to post interesting tidbits from the chat, but this time, nothing. Was it simply a rehash or did new and interesting info come out?

Catt

It was here at the Apolyton chat instead of the usual site because of some technical dificulties so I'm not sure if there will be a log.

Heres a few things that were mentioned:
    the stats of the new units - theres a thread
    There will be no new civ traits
    the firaxians like expansionist civs for MP
    They were deathly quiet about my "in depth" question about the box
    that there wont be auto-stacked arty firing but there will be some improvement over 1.29 (that I missed the specifics of)
    HappySunshine turned up and made a few stupid comments but nobody bit
    there will possibly be further expansions with more civs
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The each arty and air unit can be told to keep attacking the same tile.

In addtion a "stack attack" feature was implemented "by accident"
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I thought I saw MB 'clearly' say no stacked arty attack - ie each arty unit can be told to do that but not a stack of units. I missed the bit about the stack attack accident.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

XOR kept a log of the IRC chat, and MarkG has one of the forum chat. They need to be integrated...

IIRC, the new autobombard thing is that for any given unit, you can set it to keep bombarding the same tile until something "friendly" is there, or until you stop the bombardment.

There is no stack *command* to do this (which, I think, is what we really wanted).

My guess is that the "accident" is that this results in stack *attacks* at the beginning of each turn.

The chat was pretty messy and painful, and there weren't many people involved, but the Firaxians were helpful.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Well new addons is not a bad thing, but I would say that it was a given. Any mention of fixing some of the items in the 129f bug list or usabilityas part of those expansion packs?

Comment

I foget what exactly, but at least 1-2 bugs were specifically identified as fixed.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

The accidental attack was when they told a stack of combat units (not arty, tanks etc.) to do a stack move onto an enemy tile.
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I was at half of the chat, and at the end(actually, a few minutes after most people had left), we was informed that not one, not two, but three people had made a log! So yes, I think we'll get a chat log in a way or another.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Did I miss it (the log)? Anybody going to post a chat log, or has the secret of the universe according to Firaxis vanished, lost to posterity for want of a log?

Catt

Comment

Arghhh, I've read the whole thread supposing that there was a chat this Friday (27 sept).

Nevertheless, what I'll miss the most from PTW is the stack-bombard command. That would have been helpful. Maybe in a future patch?
                      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                      --George Bernard Shaw
                      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                      --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                      X