how do you do a screenshot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you do a screenshot?

sorry to ask such a stupid question, but how do you do screenshots in civ 3? is it print screen? where do they get saved? i'm so clueless.
    drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

AFAIK, Print Screen.

It is put in your clipboard. You'll need another app to really save it.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

In XP, I was able to hit print screen and then bring up paint and do "paste".

Comment

That's what I do. Print Screen, then open up Paint and paste it. The image will come from the clipboard. Remember that, in order to attach it to a post here, you'll have to resize it (it has to be 600xsomething, I guess).
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I always recomend the program attached below:

It is small and easy to use.
          Attached Files
          For your photo needs:
          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I use HyperSnap
            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

PrtScn is the same as the copy command insofar as it allows you to paste the capture image into an application. All you need is an image editor, any photo editing software will work. Most newer printers (within the last 2 years) come with one on the CD, and there are many more available from sites like tucows, zdnet, cnet, etc.

If you have never worked with images on your computer before you should know: If you are planning on taking screenshots during your game session, it is best to start your image editor first that way you can just Alt+Tab between the two programs.
              Take your screenshot, switch to the other program, open a new image (usually Alt+F+N will do it) and paste (Ctrl+V). Save the file as a jpg or a gif if you plan to post them.

Comment

In Civ3 ,I usually use Windows-D to kick off new apps like PhotoShop.
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by August Borms
                  I use HyperSnap
                  Is that the older version 3 one or the newer version 4(I know they now have 5 as a beta)? Do you use Cntrl-Shift-F or what? I have not played with it much, but it kept snapping the desktop. I should work on it some more.

Comment

Ok, I got it. If I left civ as a background and the task bar was up, then Hyper capture the game fine.

Comment

I use the prtscn key and paste into paint.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                      X