Most Used Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Used Civ

I know that there have been polls like this before, but there have been a lot of new people here lately and I am curious to find out which Civ they prefer the most. Personally, I always use the Germans. I like their traits, I love the Panzer, and Bismarck is the best leaderhad IMO.
    Americans
    9.52%
    Aztecs
    0.95%
    Babylonians
    8.57%
    Chinese
    5.71%
    Egyptians
    13.33%
    English
    1.90%
    French
    6.67%
    Germans
    4.76%
    Greeks
    6.67%
    Indians
    0.00%
    Iroquois
    4.76%
    Japanese
    8.57%
    Persians
    18.10%
    Romans
    7.62%
    Russians
    1.90%
    Zulu
    0.95%
    "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

I've been using the egyptians recently, although their UU isn't worth a damn and comes too early for my taste.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I love the Iriquois.

I love the MW. helps quick, early warfare. strong for a long time.

I love their characteristics. Religious- use as a crutch, don't know how I would live without it now. Expansionist-same, I play 256x maps, and this trait rules. Build a couple of scouts, send them out on auto, soon you will have all of the ancient techs and tons of gold and maybe even a free settler. You can meet your rivals quickly and plan out who to destroy with your MW's first. Granted, Expansionist loses its advantage 25% into the game, but that first quarter is the key to victory.

I find myself addicted to these abilities and have a hard time switching. I want a guarenteed positive (or null) result from a hut. I don't want to worry about anarchy.

Comment

I voted for the Chinese, but it was just a guess as I had used them for 3-4 games in a row recently. I jump around trying different things, so I do not have a favorite. I tend to avoid any with Expansion. Prefer Mil and Ind. Easiest win was with Romans, cranked out legions and snuffed all nearby civs very early (horses were scarces.

Comment

I choose a different civ everytime. But i like the industrious, religious and militaristic traits more than the others.
          Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

I always choose random (But restarts if it'll be the english)
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I like the Babs for thier cheap culture buildings. It allows me to expand my borders really fast!

--Kon--
              Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

I have just been using the English cuz they expand so quickly but I am trying out the romans. I have finally one a Diplomatic game with the English. I took some advice and kept some palms greased and it worked
                " Kill one man and your a murderer, Kill a thousand and your god "

Comment

The Persians. Immortals are great, and so are industrious workers and cheap libraries. Being half-Persian may influence that a bit.
                  Since when does the national security of the United States depend on the opinions of the heads of state of Angola, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chile, and Guinea?

Comment

Another poll that doesn't work...

I mostly play as the Germans. Got to love those Panzers.
                    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Persians. An attack of 4 is insane in the whole first first and half ages and this will win the continent for you, and a defense 2 is still the best you can get for quite a long time (except Romans and Greeks). Speed, well, I guess you can't have everything.

Comment

Play as the Greeks here... I *love* the combo of scientific and commercial. The hoplite unit is really nothing more than a nice bonus.
                        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I used to play Egyptians all the time, but now I'm starting to use the Romans more often. Its just so difficult to contend with their legions.

After the Romans I would say the Germans. Being able to build archers and spearmen right away really has its advantages, and the Panzer will win the game easily.
                          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Does anyone use the Zulus?
                            "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Working...
                            X