Editing graphics files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing graphics files

Could Civ3 be made so that one can edit graphics files in "normal" (non-PSP) programs without ruining them? I don't know if this is technically feasible, but I don't have Paint Shop Pro so that I can't even make small changes to the Civ II (FW) graphics files (except for scenarios). (BTW, if anyone here knows how to do it anyway, I'd like to know)

Dr.Oogkloot

Aren't the Civ2 graphx in gif files - which can be opened and edited by any cheap editor (though I use PhotoPaint or PhotoShop). You don't need anything fancy to do it, that's for sure!

------------------
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Most editors will somehow mess the files up, so that the game won't start when use use the files.

Comment

The files should be abe to be edited as in Fantastic Worlds; with an in-game editor.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Ahem... better then the FW editors, more options, more things to edit, etc.
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

Why of course Shadowstrike!
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Whay not just get PSP from download.com. It's free for a month and some of the older verisons out there do not need a code to work?

------------------
              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

DeathWalker: I already used up my month...

Comment

Reset your computer's calendar. That will let you use PSP for as long as you want...
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

If you don't have morality problems with cracks for software, mail me or pm me and I'll send you a link where you can find any crack.

I don't want to post it here since it's a public forum and I don't know what ACS's attitude is towards cracking and warez etc.

Comment

I prefer not to get into illegal activities, but thanks anyway.

Oogie

Comment

I would love for Civ3 graphics to be easily edited.
                        -Helios

Comment

Working...
                        X