Pop Rushing and a Mad Population?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Rushing and a Mad Population?

Ok, pop rushing makes the population mad right?
    Say after I have pop rushed 3 times and im down to 2 unhappy people with a luxury coming into the with no city improvements, at what point does the population stop being mad at me if my pop rushing is finished with the 3rd rush? How long are they mad? Also once they are happy again if i pick up pop rushing will they behave like its the fourth rush or the first. Do they remember I poped em before or will they responed as if its the first time.

How does a religous trait act upon the population regarding a pop rush?

I believe it is 20 turns, of unhappiness, though I don't know if it "stacks" with succescive rushes. I don't think religious makes any difference, other than the lower cost of temples and cathedrals.
    Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

I don't know if the time of exact 20 turn is right, I belive there's some type of counter, wich have the level of how mad the population of that city is with pop rush.
      With improvements, luxury and other stuff like this, the counter will decrease faster, and soon the population will not be mad because pop rush.
      Once, I captured a city witch had a lot o pop rush, and the population stay angry with me cause the pop rush that the old leader have done. I build some improvements there and the things soon became ok.
      Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

I checked in the editor, and it is 20 turns per rush job. I don't think building temples and marketplaces or increasing luxuries reduces the number of turns, but simply negates the unhappiness. Yeah, captured cities will retain any pop. rush anger, so be watchful of that when at war with a civ in despotism or communism.
        Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

I found pop rush unhappiness work like this:
          • Every pop rush act will increase a counter by 20 times the pop lost.
          • Each turn, the counter will be decreased by one. And never go below zero.
          • The amount of unhappy citizens due to pop rush is the counter's value divided by 20 rounded up.
          • Luxury and happiness building has equal effect on unhappy citizens whatever the cause.

Therefor, if I pop rush 4 pop unit at once, or 1 now and more later (up to total 4, before the counter reach zero), in both case the citizen will be unhappy (because of pop rush) for 80 turn. The difference is in the first case I will start with 4 unhappy citizen, decreasing every 20 turn, while in the later I can maintain unhappy citizen at 1 with occasional 2 during the overlap.

Comment

The religious trait has no effect on the 20 trun happiness penalty for pop rushing.

You may want to look at the game play sequences in this article (plush the next two examples in the whole article):

http://www.civfanatics.com/doc/civ3/..._russ_rush.htm

You incur a penalty of one "unhappiness unit" for each pop rushing event and each penalty individually expires twenty turns after it starts. The penalties add up in effect but do not interact to impact the truns in which they expire.

Comment

Hmm... the Pop Rush reminds me of something you guys debated about a while ago.

I think it was called the Pop Rush Bug or Pop Rush Exploit.

I could never get it to work, besides I always switch to Republic ASAP then Democracy, and never go into Communism.

Just wondering.
              Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign
                I could never get it to work, besides I always switch to Republic ASAP then Democracy, and never go into Communism.
                Me too. I don't think I've ever had a stint in Communism, and I always beeline for Republic, then Democracy. Just the way I play I guess.

Comment

Working...
                X