Peace treaty need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnM2433
    Palaiologos, I'm not sure that you understood miccofl correctly. What he meant was that the MPP expires 20 turns after you negotiate it, not 20 turns after it forces you or your ally to go to war. After that, you may cancel it and negotiate peace with the enemy. (Actually, you can negotiate peace before that, but the MPP will force you to declare war again if that party attacks your partner again; that's the absurd state of affairs this thread is about.)

No,no no no, i have understood what he said. Perhaps i was not clear myself.Example: Japan signs a MPP with Greece. 3 turns later China invades Japan. Greece is required to wage war on China for 20 turns OR untill the MPP expires. After MPP's 20 turns pass(since sign, not since war) it is available for renegotiation, it doesn't expire automatically.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

I do not see any evidence that the AI does anything more than declare the war in all cases. It may or may not actually wage war. I see it often (as it has just did with me) declare war and sit on its hands.

Comment

From the 1.29f patch readme:
        Added "Always Renegotiate Deals" prefs which forces a renegotiation of every non-peace treaty deal every 20 turns.
        The AI will get the initiative for diplomacy as its’ turn(s) comes first. Unless you decline to extend the MPP for another 20 turns, you must continue the war or you will lose rep. If the civ you are at war with offers peace on this turn, before you have renegotiated the MPP, and you accept peace you have broken the MPP treaty.

Comment

Working...
        X