No announcement yet.

Please, take a vote! Pre-realese an concept map-editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give you right on one thing, Isedan - and that this idea is probably prematurely suggested.

Frankly, we dont know anything yet, even about the most basic Civ-3 design specs. There have been suggestions about hexagon-tiles, SMAC-style maps and whatnot. God knows what map-ideas the Firaxis-team finally decides to implement.
    Lets at least wait for that basic preview on www.firaxis.com/civ3 that Firaxis Dan Magaha promised would roll out "real soon now".
    After that i am gonna send them my suggestion. Try to live with it .

By the way: Is there anyone here who knows if there have been suggestions about additional terrain-types in Civ-3 (not special recourses - just new terrain-types)?

Comment

I like the idea having new terrains, and I posted some suggestions at:

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum6/HTML/001493-2.html

quote:

Other additions:
      *River delta - for land near large rivers, bays etc. Provides extra food obviously.
      *High tides - for seas squares, harnessing tidal energy on the square will give a bonous.
      *Coral reef - extra marine life?, economy bonus (more tourists)
      *Freshwater sea - was a special square in SMAC, but should be made a normal terrain type.

quote:

Some more map squares:

*sea caves/underground caves - both provides extra money because of tourism.
      *rock formations - (like the good ol' rock in the middle of Australia) - provides more tourism again.

Also, the forests should be different in different parts of the world (they could just look different but do the smae thing) - eg rainforests, pine forests, bamboo forests, conifer forests, blah blah.

There could also icebergs (not actually a square, but a unit of sorts), like I mentioned in my thread.

A bit related: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum6/HTML/001455.html
      quote:

Some ideas for new terrain related stuff:
      Ocean-based volcanoes occassionally forming islands.
      Bushfires burning through forests in equitorial regions...

------------------
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
      [This message has been edited by UltraSonix (edited October 04, 2000).]
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Great idea, it would lets us get a feel about what to expect

------------------
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Working...
        X