Paratroopers taking Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paratroopers taking Cities

I tried to drop some paratroopers into an undefended city, and after the dropping animation, it say that the drop failed. I tried it a few times, to see if it's a random event, but it appears it is not. Is there any means of changing this, or any chance that this will work from time to time, or will I just have to unlearn my old civ2 concepts of paratroopers?
    Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Can you drop them on an adjacent tile and then move them in?

(I am only guessing, have not built any paratroopers myself)

Comment

Unlearn. The city is still considered an enemy.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

No. Paras always lose their moves after landing. You could try to give them 2 moves, which would leave them with 1 move after a jump, but I'm not 100% sure it would work.

Comment

Hurricane: So you drop your paras, wait one turn and attack/move?(If they are alive..)

Sounds risky. BTW, I'm also member of 'I haven't built any paratroopers yet'-club.
          Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Isn't it just removing the old civ2 exploit?
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I never really thought of it as an exploit. I usually use them to secure out of the way cities that it would be too much trouble to send troops over by transport, or for 1 tile islands that only marines could take. I figure that it's such a weak unit that it might get that one benefit. Oh well.
              Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

That is what I used paras for in civ2, drop them down to newly capture/built far flung cities. In civ3 I have yet to make one.

Comment

Working...
                X