About capturing planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About capturing planes

I saw someone trying to figure out how to capture enemy polanes the other day.

This may be old news, but by default one can capture Stealth bombers, because they have no defense rating. Bombers have a dense rating of 2 so they go the way of ships when the city falls.

-Alech
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

I don't think any planes can be captured. I've captured cities and watch even SB be dstroyed.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Well, I'm playing your version of Marla's World Map and I just captured about 10 Stealth Bombers from the Chinese. All Bobmers fall to the ground though.

-Alech
      "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Probably sometying with the changed rules of Marla's map.

BTW why isn't the Creation forum used for this kind of discussions?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
          Probably sometying with the changed rules of Marla's map.

BTW why isn't the Creation forum used for this kind of discussions?

Sad isn't? You work very hard to maintain the Files and Creation forums and for what? Forced to check here for topics that should go into those forums.

When will people learn.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

As far as I can see from the editor there are no settings that have been changed when it comes to the Stealth Bomber.

Comment

Originally posted by Akaoz
              As far as I can see from the editor there are no settings that have been changed when it comes to the Stealth Bomber.
              No, but it might be something else that makes the game not recognize it as non capturable.

I don't know.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Akaoz
                Try this in a normal game first. THe mod may be corrupt.

Please PM me further.

Comment

I have grabbed cities that had stealth bombers and they were distroyed not captured, for what it is worth.

Comment

Myself I prefer to win using no war, although I havent won yet . I plan on stayin well away from the United Nations this time. But I would have to say it would be cultral and tech or the space for me
                    " Kill one man and your a murderer, Kill a thousand and your god "

Comment

Originally posted by Anna749
                      Myself I prefer to win using no war, although I havent won yet . I plan on stayin well away from the United Nations this time. But I would have to say it would be cultral and tech or the space for me

I think this is the wrong thread... or did I miss somthing... which is nothing new.

Comment

Anna749, I think you're looking for the thread "Which victory do you usually go for?"
                        Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Anna749
                          Myself I prefer to win using no war, although I havent won yet .
                          Yeah, exactly where I was when I first installed the game. Civ3 is dog eat dog... you can be lunch or you can eat lunch.

Comment

oops My mistake...lol....thought I was gettin in the right one there.....Forgive me...must be me age creepin up on me...lol....
                            " Kill one man and your a murderer, Kill a thousand and your god "

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                              I don't think any planes can be captured. I've captured cities and watch even SB be dstroyed.
                              It's pretty easy to set up a test with the editor to show that with an unmodded game, stealth bombers, stealth fighters and cruise missiles can all be captured...

Comment

Working...
                              X