Back to the Future - Civ 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Actually, the chance of mankind wanting to move to alpha centuari is equal to zero.

Ah, what about over-population? Besides, like I've said above, Civ3 is a part of the "sweep of time" thing - civ3's GOT to end up with colonists going to alpha centauri...

quote:

I am not keen on scifi techs to say the least. If these are going to be included, we should have the option to play without them

quote:

just make the tech tree more detailed instead off adding speculative future techs.

Roman's got a good point... How about having a detailed tech tree, but also have the retirement thing at 2020 (maybe move it to 2050). But the retirement year is no longer mandatory - so you have the option of going on with the game if you want to (with strange SMAC-like techs).

------------------
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Civ has always been in the realm of the known.I would like to see it work with near-future technologies, like cold-fusion, solar sails and asteroid mining (not as far off as it seems) as well was what were future techs when Civ first came out, i.e. hydroponics, the Internet, ion drive, antimatter implosion.

We are on the verge of great discoveries. Civ3 should spearhead the future effort instead of letting our tech stagnate.
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

A great idea, but I think it needs more thought.

------------------
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Working...
        X