Cultural
    23.26%
    Conquest
    30.23%
    Domination
    16.28%
    Spaceship
    30.23%

you left out win by score, and popular personal victories such as terrorist nation aiming for defeat.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Score is left out on purpose Not the most interesting way to beat the game i think...
      As for the terrorist nation thing i never saw it mentioned! lol

Comment

I've found the tech win in all civ-type games very satisfying so, Spaceship. Conquest and even Domination can get to be quite tedious. Cultural isn't a bad idea but the win seems so anticlimatic. Diplo is just a rediculous joke (although it shouldn't be that way - Supream Leader from SMAC anyone?).

Comment

You left out Diplo victory....

As for me... it's pot-luck. I take what I see if fit. Generaly, I chicken out and in the last minute sell all of my gold and get a Diplo win due to looming late game wars that would be unwinable for me.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

i go for ALL of them (not that i always win, i just try to get them)

Comment

Conquest is by far the most satisfying, I use the others as an easy out if the game starts to get boring. I could just quit and start a new game, but quitting is not in my nature (that's why I still smoke )

Comment

You left out "I am kicking major league AI ass, and have achieved overwhelming momentum... NEXT!"
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

i usually go for conquest as space race is often a cinch, I've got less chance of winning a cultural victory on emperor than I have of meeting an alien and the diplomacy victory implementation is the worst thing I've seen in a game, a five year old could have coded better. WTF were they thinking when they thought that would be good enough? As mentioned above SMAC diplomatic victory to Civ3 diplomatic victory is a huge step backwards. The same as if you went from UT2003 to Wolfenstein.

Getting back OT I find that going for conquest win will often mean I get a domination win instead. must learn to be more ruthless and raze that size 17 city and kill the million or so inhabitants instead of incorporating it into my empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                    You left out Diplo victory....

As for me... it's pot-luck. I take what I see if fit. Generaly, I chicken out and in the last minute sell all of my gold and get a Diplo win due to looming late game wars that would be unwinable for me.
                    I find that interesting. Usually by late game, I'm always in a position of total domination, and it becomes a matter of how much unhappiness and casualities a war will cost.

BTW, great avatar! I take it you're a MST3K fan. I was watching that episode this morning.
                    Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

culture cause it easy !!
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood

I find that interesting. Usually by late game, I'm always in a position of total domination, and it becomes a matter of how much unhappiness and casualities a war will cost.

BTW, great avatar! I take it you're a MST3K fan. I was watching that episode this morning.

This is Monarch level... where I'm horrible playing at.

Boy, I didn't think people would see into this Avatar so quickly. Smart people.
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                          culture cause it easy !!

Amen to that. Sometimes it happens out of the blue.

Comment

Culture is very hard for me, since I disable it.

Comment

It depends on which civ I get (I do random civs). BTW, I feel so inferior. When I post at CFC, I don't feel as bad with my number of posts there.
                              Le Républicain Catholique

Comment

Working...
                              X