Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firaxis: When do you think we'll start to see some screen shots? Or Concept Art?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis: When do you think we'll start to see some screen shots? Or Concept Art?

Hmm? I know i don't speak for just myself when i say "we want something to look at, and drool over "

Us guys, we're visually oriented. And some of the girls are too

So how about it, when can we expect any game graphics, or at least concept art?
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Does screenshots really matter? What I want to see is how Firaxis is implementing the trade/spy model etc.

------------------
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Do screenshots really matter?

Umm, yes.

They're not the only thing that matters though, of course, but they are one of the things that matters. They are the thing I wanted to start a topic about.
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Oh yes! I would like to see a screen shot too! Just to know if the graphics are going to be like SMAC, TOT, or CTP... or something totally innovative!
        Apolyton Empress
        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Yes, screenshots would be welcome indeed. They'd also be an indication that something is being done...

Comment

Since it is being released in 2002, I wouldn't expect to see screenshots until next year... at earliest.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

True true, Imran.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui on 08-28-2000 07:47 PM
                Since it is being released in 2002,

Imran Siddiqui
                Is this a fact, or

Comment

Firaxis hasn't announced a release date yet, Jeje2. Imran was possibly quoting my "educated guess" from another thread.

Although I understand some game magazines are also suggesting that Civ 3 would be a 2002 game...

Comment

Yeah, that is the concensous pick, after Brian left and all. Definetly NOT in 2001.. that is for sure!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't care if it's done with stick figures and crayons as long as we get some proof that this game will be what our dreams are made of.
                      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Imran:
                        THX

You just sounded so sure in the other message, that I was afraid of missing some important information somewere.

Yup, 2001 is quite early given the situation.

Comment

Will Fraxis be at ECTS, if so we might see something

------------------
                          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
                          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Hah! ECTS! Apparently all the major publishers pulled out - activision, lucasarts, microsoft, etc.

------------------
                            No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
                            [This message has been edited by UltraSonix (edited September 01, 2000).]
                            No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

on the release date:
                              latest issue of CGW says summer or fall 2001.
                              of course they admit to the dart board method of release dates.
                              same issue says dinosaurs is coming out winter 2000/spring 2001
                              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
                              X