• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is this spam? why the pcr?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

This game is obviously a fraud. What in the world is South America doing still unpopulated this late in the game?

Comment

My thoughts exactly! The Aztecs would have taken South America by now....
        It is I Le Clerk! ;-) Quote from Allo allo.

Comment

I also think that it's weird to see S. America still largely unpopulated. As for the pcr, uber could have been more... organized in his considerations, avoiding so many successive posts.

If the game is real then I'd suggest him to go after the Babs. Things would be screwed up royally.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronus
            This game is obviously a fraud. What in the world is South America doing still unpopulated this late in the game?
            I thought this was strange, too. Perhaps the max. # of cities were built before the Aztecs (or Americans, or Iroquois, who also would have taken it) could get to it?
            Wadsworth: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.
            Professor Plum: Yes, but now I work for the United Nations.
            Wadsworth: Well your work has not changed.

Comment

It does provide a nice, uncontested landing area for a massive invasion of the Americas. There, they wouldn't be able to RR every attack unit they have at your invasion force.

edit: Isn't it also strange that Australia is unexplored and unpopulated?
              Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by vondrack

Surprising, isn't it?
                No, I'm not surprised at all!! I just wanted to show that strongarm tactics like that do have a price, and I think WW really slows world domination in later ages, which, I think, is as it should be.
                Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by metalhead

I thought this was strange, too. Perhaps the max. # of cities were built before the Aztecs (or Americans, or Iroquois, who also would have taken it) could get to it?
                  no, it's marlas world map.

settlers cost 3 pop. it's only around 1400.

the aztecs are way behind too. very little road coverage.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by metalhead

I started in Mexico a few times as Rome (before I changed the starting locations).

The problem is Jungle/Barbians. The combination warrents that moving south is not worth it, since there is only rubber down there. The real stuff is north, such as Oil and Al
                    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

This is what I would do if I went for China.

I first look for a city in central america that could act like a Panama canal, if not, skip this paragraph. Take and hold it. The when you act, ask for peace. Use this city to cut down transport time.

Hawaii looks lonely... build a city. Use as a staging area for an amphib assault on china. If the limit has been reached, then just build a few forts and make sure you build up your forces. As many transports loaded with units as you see fit.

At the same time, gets some ROP and move troops to the other side of china. This will be your second front.

Make sure all MPP and potential alliances are met (by potential, is ask a civ what they would want for an Alliance against china, if they no way, then that's not a potential alliance).

Once you think you have enough transports, move your fleet into position. Timing is up to you. Take a port city so that the rest of the transports can unload units that can be used on the same turn.

The second front should be taking a few cities. This front is more a diversion then an actualy attack. IMHO, from what I've seen, the AI can't handle 2 fronts, and with allies going after china it would get wrose.

The time to load up transports, stage at Hawaii, and goto war... about 50-70 turns. If you got the panama canal city, then this should be from 50-60 turns.

Have fun.
                      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Send out the Carrier fleets now... I'd send one to the China Sea, and one to an appropriate position threating India. You can rebase along the way.

Wait for Syn Fiber, building many Tanks (200 minimum) and mass upgrade.

Build 8-10 Tac Nukes.

Negotiate an ROP with India...

Nuke away, and start bombarding China. Send the MA attack force along the Himalayas, into the soft belly of the core Chinese cities, immediately thereafter.

Allow China to ally with India, and then use that as an opportunity to send a second wave of MAs and MIs to create a 'supply line' of captured cities from west to east. At some point you may wish to cut Babylon in half as well, just to avoid dependence on the ROP.

Do everything possible to pop a GL, and build either the FP or a new Palace somewhere around Tibet.

Please do report back here... I've started to enjoy late-game WW3s.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                          Please do report back here... I've started to enjoy late-game WW3s.
                          WW3 are very fun. There was one that started in 2021 and lasted until 2200. Mostly because MPPs were expireing and civs switching sides, making 1 turn peace, etc...

Comment

i've decided what i'm going to do.

firstly, i am saving it now so if i want to later, i can play out different ways. i'm pretty sure this way will be best.

The teams will be me and Egypt vs the World.

I have a MPP with egypt, and they have one with china. so china has to attack me first, essentially.

when i get nukes, i get egypt to declare war on india with me, then i drop tons of nukes on whatevers in range, pissing off the entire world (except egypt, hopefully), making them declare war on me.

soon enough, it will be me and egpyt vs the world.

i was thinking about throwing babylon into our alliance, but that have no rubber and they have the sistine chapel
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                            X