Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyboard short cuts wrong in file download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard short cuts wrong in file download?

I went into the file download area and got the updated manual there and I have some questions....

I didn't see a keystroke for telling a worker to build roads, or rail only. I always want to put some workers on road building and rail building at points in the game and I can't figure out a way to do it without watching them myself.

Also, I see the "J" key in the maunal says "Go to whole stack", but when I try it, it only moves one unit when there are lots at the location. Whats up with that?

The stack movement with J moves all units of the type selected that are not fortified and have movement points.
    Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

The old commands were supposed to remain the same (at least that is what the button descriptions would lead you to believe.) My re-base aircraft keyboard command has not worked since 1.29, I haven't tried the ones you mention. Ctrl+R and Ctrl+Shift+R don't work any more?

Comment

Originally posted by miccofl
        The old commands were supposed to remain the same (at least that is what the button descriptions would lead you to believe.) My re-base aircraft keyboard command has not worked since 1.29
        That's odd. It hasn't changed me for at all.
        Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

Ctrl +R will build one section of rail.
          Ctrl + shift + R will build rail to a city.

I want to set a worker on building rail and let him go. Just like I can do for converting forest or jungle.

BTW: What does ( Ctrl + N ) set a worker to doing? I don't see it listed in the manual, and I hit it by accident yesterday and my worker went off to do something but I lost site of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaGeddin
            Ctrl +R will build one section of rail.
            Ctrl + shift + R will build rail to a city.

I want to set a worker on building rail and let him go. Just like I can do for converting forest or jungle.

BTW: What does ( Ctrl + N ) set a worker to doing? I don't see it listed in the manual, and I hit it by accident yesterday and my worker went off to do something but I lost site of him.
            AFAIK, it is "plaNt forest".

EDIT: Oops... wrong. One plants forests with "N" only. Perhaps it really is "build trade network", as stonewall suggests, I am just unable to get a chance to build it... I suppose I would have to have my worker in an unconnected city...
            Last edited by vondrack; September 10, 2002, 13:16.

Comment

That command is for "Trade Network". I believe it sets the worker to connect all of your cities by road.
              "Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Comment

Oh yea, I believe the only way to get the worker to build a road or railroad in every square to set them to "Shift-A" (automate worker leaving existing improvements".
                "Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Comment

Thats what I thought......... Oh well.

One other question......

If I set a worker on auto remove jungle or on build road network, and they run out of jungle, or they connect everything, do they ask for more orders? Or will they just stand there doing nothing?

Comment

If I set a worker on auto remove jungle or on build road network, and they run out of jungle, or they connect everything, do they ask for more orders? Or will they just stand there doing nothing?
                    Bit of both, but more of "they will ask for new orders"... as soon as they can't continue with their current assignment, they will stop, stand quiet, and await more orders - that is, they will get a focus during your turn and you will be able to give them new orders. If you are like me and go through all your units every turn, this effectively means that they sort of "ask" for a new assignment...

Comment

Working...
                    X