Favorite Tribe to play as...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Tribe to play as...

Simple poll: What's your favorite tribe to play as in Civ. Don't take it as your favorite position on the Earth map, but just the tribe you play as most.

1) Greek
    2) French
    3) Roman

------------------
    ~~~I am who I am, who I am - well who am I?~~~
    - "When man first discovered that milk comes from a cow, what did he THINK he was doing?"
    - "Women's breasts are like toys: They're meant for kids, but usually it's the fathers who wind up playin' with them."
    - "Practice makes perfect, but if nobody's perfect...why practice?"
    ~~~Oh well oh well so here we stand, but we stand for nothing~~~
    - Apolyton Picture Contest IV

I always play as Goddess Empress and my favorite civs are as follows:

1) Viking
    2) Indian

(purple is my favorite colour, but I like looking at the dark blue)
    Apolyton Empress
    "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

well, if it was on real maps, I would be either the English on the Europe map, or the Zulu's on the large world map, keeping their original locations.

Sometimes I play whatever tribe I feel like. One game has me playing as Chancellor Daniel von Anderson of the Germans.
      Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
      Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
      Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
      und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
      Only when it's smooth you will see
      How much fairy-tale is left for you
      And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

Take a wild guess...

------------------
        Hasdrubal's Home.
        Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
        Hasdrubal's Home.

Comment

I never play on the map of Earth. Too dull. I usually play the Celts, sometimes the Vikings.

In SMAC, I play as the University or the Consciousness, or on occassion the Gaians.
          -------------
          Gordon S. McLeod
          October's Fools
          http://octobersfools.keenspace.com

Comment

you may guess in my case as well.
            if not playing aztecs I play my own created civs, the Mayas, Austrians or Chileans.

Comment

Hey welcome wernazuma...new blood...er...faces are nice around here ::evil grin::

I also play as the Indians a lot...probably for the color purple...

Ok what are your favorite Earth starting points?

Mine are English and Chinese.

------------------
              - "When man first discovered that milk comes from a cow, what did he THINK he was doing?"
              - "Women's breasts are like toys: They're meant for kids, but usually it's the fathers who wind up playin' with them."

Comment

1. American
                (Bill Clinton or sometimes Monica Lewinsky )

2. German
                (Helmut Kohl)

3. Roman
                (Tiberius

I like to play on random maps, with lot of islands.

Oh yeah, the most fiercefull enemies:
                1. Viking
                2. Russian
                3. Chinese or Celts or Babylonians or Indians or English or ... never mind. I always beat them anyway

[This message has been edited by Tiberius (edited August 07, 2000).]
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

For some reason I often tend to use the Irish or the Welsh. Not really sure why to be honest...

- MKL
                  - mkl

Comment

Romans...Ceaser...just much simpler if you hold down the return key!

Comment

Apart from favourite civ's, I also have some favourite civ-groupings that I like.
                      I love playing with seven classic civs (Carthage, Rome, Greece, Egypt, etc.), or seven European ones (France, England, Russia, etc.). Or a modern, global one (USA, Japan, China, India, Germany, etc.) I'll even change the rules.txt to get a nice combination.

My favourite starting position on earth: If I want an easy one, I'll choose a civ from the America's - usually you'll have the whole two continents to your self. Maybe shared with one other civ. For an action-packed game, I'll play a centrally located civ like Babylon or Persia. The opponents will come from three sides.

------------------
                      Hasdrubal's Home.
                      Hasdrubal's Home.

Comment

I miss the ability of creating your own tribe in Civ 2. In Civ I played either the tribe Buffalos with the capital city named Horns or the tribe Kongs with me being King

In Civ 2 I usually play the Chinese or Russians.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I try to play each game as a different civ, but my favourites (the ones I play as the most often) are:
                          1.Romans
                          2.Ukrainians
                          3.Incas
                          I like to play as some of the "smaller" civs such as Finnish, Belgians, Byelorussians, Norwegians, etc. My latest game was as Vlad Dracul of the Transsylvanians.

Worst Enemies:
                          1.Carthaginians
                          2.Celts
                          3.French

Dr.Oogkloot

Comment

dp
                            [This message has been edited by Dr.Oogkloot (edited August 10, 2000).]

Comment

worst enemies: Zulus and Russians. Those civs always seem to backstab me!

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X