New Commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Commands

Here are some new commands that I believe should be in civ III, if you have any others please post them here.

(For settlers/engineers)
    1. Autoimprove Home Base
    2. Autoimprove Base
    3. Autoimprove All Bases
    4. Autobuild Roads
    5. Autolower Mountains into Plains
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Why stop there? I'd like to see auto-irrigate, auto-mine, auto-build railroads, auto-build airbases, etc. Maybe a modifier key could be added to the regular command to accomplish any of these things, with prompts for further input as necessary, for road/rail building and so on.
    -------------
    Gordon S. McLeod
    October's Fools
    http://octobersfools.keenspace.com

Comment

quote:

(For settlers/engineers)
      1. Autoimprove Home Base
      2. Autoimprove Base
      3. Autoimprove All Bases
      4. Autobuild Roads
      5. Autolower Mountains into Plains

SMAC's already got some of them - I always use them for reducing micromanagement. I'm sure there'll be more.

Also, SMAC has the road+farm+solar panel thing, which I'll like to be extended into a sort of a macros system. This way the game allows you to map key to commands, as well as to custom commands (such a road+borehole+autoimprove).

------------------
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
      [This message has been edited by UltraSonix (edited August 14, 2000).]
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Here's some more.
        ---
        Autobuild Mines
        Autobuild Farmland
        Autobuild Irrigation
        Autobuild Bridges
        Autobuild Roads
        Autolower Land to Plains
        Autoimprove Home Base
        Autoimprove Base
        Autoimprove All Bases
        Autobuild Railroads
        Autobuild Airbases
        Autobuild Connecting Roads to all bases
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Why not
          - Autoplay the whole game
          so I can stop to waste time playing the damn whole beast and have more spare time to post about it here on Apolyton?

Ok, just kidding, just kidding, stop the artillery barrage, please

But if you have so much faith into AI decisions, why do you like to keep into the games so many details to (automatically) micromanage?

------------------
          Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

The reason for all the automation is it gets tiring after a while maneuvering your settlers around and irrigate,railroad,irrigate,road,railroad,farmlandi ng the entire landscape.

So if the AI can do it while you are micromanaging cities and moving your armies, then you are that better off.

New Feature

When a hostile enemy unit is within two squares of an automated unit, alert the user with a pop-up screen
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

So long as the settlers work together at the right level (2 together for irrigation) otherwise you don't get maximum output.
              "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
              X