1 good argument why combat is not flawed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 good argument why combat is not flawed

If a spearman can defeat a tank so often, anybody can win civ3 deity by simply building a whole military comprised of spearman and go conquer the world.
    It is so much cheaper, you can set science to 0 and win.

nah, no fun in that.

Comment

Hum, not flawed? Well if you mean broken, no it is not broken, but a flaw or two may be found, but that is alright.

Comment

Re: 1 good argument why combat is not flawed

Originally posted by Fistleaf
        If a spearman can defeat a tank so often, anybody can win civ3 deity by simply building a whole military comprised of spearman and go conquer the world.
        but then you couldn't ATTACK. you'd need to be babylon and use their archers
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: 1 good argument why combat is not flawed

Originally posted by Fistleaf
          I guess that reducing things to absurd doesn´t work here. For the same reason you could say that CIV1 military model was as good as CIV2 and CIV3 ones, or even a model with 2 units: AncienteraArmy and ModernArmy would be consistent with that.

The problem about CIV3 is that the combat model is simpler than in CIV2. Some problems of CIV1 that were fixed in CIV2 appear again in CIV3, like that spearmen beating tanks or that "Stupid model Armies" mixing swordmen and nuclear missiles.

Comment

I think he was just being ironical, no need to bash

Comment

Re: Re: 1 good argument why combat is not flawed

A good argument?

Originally posted by Alfonsus72
              "Stupid model Armies" mixing swordmen and nuclear missiles.
              Ah, but bearing in mind the Temporal Dislocation Unit Evolution Theory (tm) that swordsman is more of a low intensity guerrilla fighter - analogous to rebel armies that go around macheteing people in the third world. They can exist together.

Comment

Originally posted by Arc
                no need to bash
                That was not my intention, I just tried to declare my oposition to the Civ3 combat model in an ironical way, but with respect and consideration to the thread starter , who give us the oportunity to criticise civ3 combat once more. Sorry if it didn´t sounds like that, I have to improve my english.

Originally posted by Carver
                Ah, but bearing in mind the Temporal Dislocation Unit Evolution Theory (tm) that swordsman is more of a low intensity guerrilla fighter - analogous to rebel armies that go around macheteing people in the third world. They can exist together.
                Yes, all you need is imagination .

Comment

Working...
                X