What is Flicster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Flicster

I kepp hearing about a program called Flicster and that it is used to create units animations or something

But can someone tell me were to get it or download it
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

it's in the downloads directory. A rather handy prog, that
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Zulu appears to have gone in mid-sentence. Animations for Civ3 are formatted as flc files. Flicster is a program that changes flc to other formats (and vice versa). With flicster we can modify the flc files and make new animations etc.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I prefer the animation shop that came with PSP6.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

FLICster is the ONLY1 program avaliable to the public that can create flics with the Civ3-SPECIFIC header, and therefor the only program that can be used to create units that show up correctly in the game.

1. AFAIK that is.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

There is one other program (the link to it is in the FLICster thread) but I have never got it to work and don't think any one else has eather.
            Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
            in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
            3D Unit tutorial
            My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
              FLICster is the ONLY1 program avaliable to the public that can create flics with the Civ3-SPECIFIC header, and therefor the only program that can be used to create units that show up correctly in the game.

1. AFAIK that is.

PSP6 and MS Paint... the two I only need.

Besides, I'm not good at animating and texturing... crop and paste is a time honor tradition.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Thrawn, are you saying you can modify flc animations with psp? Something that no-one else has done.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                  Thrawn, are you saying you can modify flc animations with psp? Something that no-one else has done.

It's called Animation shop 2... it came with it.

Comment

I'll check it out then.

Comment

You can edit FLCs in AS2, but you can not edit Civ3 FLCs corectly.
                      Try it.
                      Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                      in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                      3D Unit tutorial
                      My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Thats what I thought.

Comment

Working...
                        X