No announcement yet.

The Communist Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I don't mean to criticise, but whenever someone seems to mention the word 'communism' so many of you, especially the patriotic right-wing American types, seem to make a point of attacking, with very little knowledge of what the discussion is about. I think it is a poor act, and does point at an installed hatred, in line with that of indoctrination...So if you are going to discuss this, recommend it be moved to the off-topic forum where it belongs...

Comment

Fair enough, this does belong OT, but I am a moderate right wing Brit, whose has Ukrainian relatives and my dad has just spent four months teaching there. I know the problems caused by communism. Also I have read commentry on Marx, have completed a module in my history course on early communism, and know that the so called economic miracle of Russia was as good as that of other authoritatian nations whose reforms didn't involve genocide.
      "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
      X