No announcement yet.

A Worthy Successor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What consensus was that? When was this poll done?
    I do however agree.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      The consenus opinion amoung most people is Civ3 is a mediocure game that, though amusing, is not a worthy seccessor to either Civ1 or Civ2. Still it is fun to mess around with once in a while.
      That is very strange as one of the big computer mags picks it as the strat game of the year. It made it high up on the sales list, so I would question that statement. In any event, I doubt that many would call it mediocre. Flawed yes.

Don't mean to attack you, but since you are an American, I should point out you misspelled two of your most important words.

Comment

Oerdin, who the hell are you to spout off about consensus? Most people? Please, come back when you have aome idea what you are talking about.
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Some people think THEY are a consensus all by themselves. Perhaps that is what he is thinking.

Maybe a Consensus consists of Coracle and one other person. That would explain it. Or there is another possibility; (People)= entities that think Civ III is a mediocre game.

Now I understand it. I am not part of the class (People). I am part of some other set (undefined). Maybe even ().

Comment

Just for the fun of it I went to Avault to check their review and it was very positive four stars. Ok went to GoneGold and it was rated platinum. Looked at the Gold Guide for civ3 to see what the other reviews said nearly all (1 I never heard of gave it a poor) known sites had it at very very high marks even 10/10. So I think that slays that dragon. If someone wants to knock it, that is fine, but no more claims of a confluence of the masses.

Comment

Just thought I'd put in a quick comment about something in an earlier post. For my money, CIV is the best of the lot. I wonder whether I would have become hooked on this series if civ3 was the first I played.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                Just thought I'd put in a quick comment about something in an earlier post. For my money, CIV is the best of the lot. I wonder whether I would have become hooked on this series if civ3 was the first I played.
                That question can not be answered, but I would say yes. A better question is would Civ1 be accepted today by people that have not played any civ games? I suspect not and maybe not by some that have played Civ2/3. That is why I said Civ2 was a great game at that time.

Comment

Off topic, vmxa1, where is your avatar from? It looks real familiar, but I just can't place it. A board game maybe?
                  Seemingly Benign
                  Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

It is a Klackon from Master Of Orion. My favorite race in that game.

I pulled it from the pdf of the manual.

Comment

Doh! I should have known that. I guess I'm used to seeing it in game and not the manual.
                      Seemingly Benign
                      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                      X