NO Change fo the sake of Change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

I think the hard core civers would like to see a balance between innovation and simple enhancement.

I guess I'm a hard core civer then

But seriously, Horse has right (Btw, how is Alexander ? ) I'm for Civ3 not Civ2.5 but I don't see any reason to change things in civ just for the sake of change, even if they are working properly. Don't change everything only to get a brand new game. Change only what needs to be improved and add new features only to increase the fun and gameplay.
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

I remember in some of the Firaxis Dino Diaries that they explain how Firaxis team builds and use prototypes to try and test ideas.

I suppose they can test quickly if a change is for real or just for nothing.

Knowing as in sw industries changing things is always a cost, if there isn't a good reason (e.g. copyright limit, strong marketing needs) companies are usually more static than not (with some exception, of course).

So my fear is always on the side of not enough change to keep my interest alive.

I mean I haven't time to buy and play much games, Civ/Smac series apart, so I prefer to have some different taste from the coming new CIV III

Well, maybe I'm not addicted enough, sorry for this!

------------------
      Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Speaking in names: I'm in for a Civiliztion 3 and not for a Tribe 1 or something like that. I think you all understand what I mean. Don't make it too different from Civ1&2, but re-innovate things and expand them.

For example, I don't thing miniturization is a good thing for Civ3, while the game may get too complicated.

------------------
        -----
        homepage: www.pekok.demon.nl
        e-mail: eric@pekok.demon.nl

Comment

Working...
        X