Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft Carrier questions

Can they be used to drop paratroopers?

Can they be used for helicopter deployments of infantry?

That would be so cool...is it possible?

Re: Aircraft Carrier questions

Originally posted by 0zymandias

Considering I never built helicopter, nor paratroopers, I must avoid to reply, but...

AFAIK in Civ 3 a paratrooper only jump from a city. About helicopter deploying infantry from an aircraft... sorry, but AFAIK again you can't load a transporter into a transporter (an Army is a particular case of "transport"). So you can't load helicopter over a carrier.

No class Tarawa units, it seems.
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Re: Aircraft Carrier questions

Originally posted by 0zymandias

IIRC

No

although it would be good, you might be able to edit it though
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I guess the biggest problem is that, correct me if I'm wrong, carriers can't hold land units. Thus you could never drop infantry from a carrier-based helicopter because the infantry couldn't be stationed on the carrier to begin with.

Or have I missed something?

Comment

You could set the editor to allow a carrier to carry one land unit and try and let it do paradrops. It could be like the marines helicopter carriers
          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Working...
          X