No announcement yet.

strange offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whenever it's been offered to me, it's always offered at 11 gold pieces and they won't take any less. had it happen several times too.

as someone said above, they're just trying to scrounge money out of tech-lackeys.

always makes me laugh when the reverse is true and they are terribly behind in technology. I'm often offered Monarchy for Motorised Transportation. Yeah as if AI!

Comment

Sounds like you're in a bad situation. Post the save. Chances are you'll have to go on a colonising spree, trying to get control of as many resources as you can and sell them off to the AI to catch up in techs.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFell
        Sounds like you're in a bad situation. Post the save. Chances are you'll have to go on a colonising spree, trying to get control of as many resources as you can and sell them off to the AI to catch up in techs.
        too late... just as i finished researching gunpowder (but no salpeter in my territory) the germans invaded my island with approx. 15 cavalry and some riflemen. their 6 point attack cut through my pikemen-defence like a hot knife through butter. all "old" cities were gone and i was left with 4 on spread around the globe... that's when i resigned

my summary:

1) even though i started on a beautiful island without an early foe (no defence needed except 2 military police for happyness) i had absolutely NO chance whatsoever because while the AI were trading techs i had to research all myself (map making to even get to know some, literature for more effective research).

2) because i didn't build a strong defence, but the AI civs had researched horseback riding, the barbs were constantly attacking (and mostly winning). only after placing 10 units across the small continent there were no new huts apearing

3) my traits were useless in this game: japan has
        - religious: except cheaper temples, the "fast-switching-governement-possibility" wasn't used until i was far behing. i didn't feel like getting warrior code, mysticism and polytheism just for monarchy, because in this game i consider them all as useless
        - militaristic: yeah... got some veteran and maybe 2 elite warriors against the barbarians... not really helpful.

thanks for all your tips! this was my worst deity game until now! from now on i'll give up if i'm alone...

p.s. i wanted to attach the 4000BC file, but it seems to be lost... damn...
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
        X