X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time going to fast

dose anyone have this problem
    can someone help me
    i cant get tecnologically advanced to do all the cool things because i run out of time

what should i do

Trade with the AI.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

And generally build more stuff... likely, you don't have enough.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

What's your science rate?
        Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

If playing on chieftain you could try playing on a higher difficulty (warlord or regent) because then the AI will be stronger and make better trade partners....

Comment

Build more stuff. My how generic. You should have used blue.

Build more CITIES. You don't have enough.Your early cities must produce a settler or two unless you have one city with enough extra food that it can it can produce enough on its own. One fast producing city won't be enough on large or huge maps but it can do the job on a standard or smaller map.

Make sure you have enough workers. At least one for every city for non-industrious civs and one for every two for industrious civs. Twice that if you aren't really carefull in what you use them for. Twice that when its coming up to Steam power because you will want to railroad everything as quick as you can. Its ugly but it works.

EVERY tile your citizens are working should be roaded. That adds one coin to each tile. Eventually every hill and mountain should be mined but not many if any till after you are out of Despotism.

Mine all grasslands that are being worked. Irrigate all plains and all flood plains that are being worked. Only irrigate grasslands so you can have the food needed to the hills and mountains.

Don't improve tiles you don't have citizens working at least early on. You need those workers to create a road network between your cities and the resources as well as improve the tiles that are being worked.

NO CITY SHOULD BE PRODUCING WEALTH EVER till you have Economics. If they are stuck at pop six when you don't have Construction they should build workers or military units. You need both. Same for pop twelve after you have all the improvements you need and still can't build hospitals.

DO NOT LET THE GOVERNORS RUN YOUR CITIES.

DO NO AUTOMATE YOUR WORKERS. At least early on. They will irritate your grasslands WAY to bleeping much.

If you find that tedious play on a smaller map. Huge maps are inhereintly tedious. Large maps also require patience.

Comment

Originally posted by: Ethelred
              They will irritate your grasslands WAY to bleeping much.
              I was wondering what hapened to my lawn...

But seriously everything Ethelred said applies (even though it sounds suspiciously like my domestic advisor) also; keep your science rate as high as economic conditions permit.

Comment

man thanks so much everyone

you guys rock

if i have more questions ill post them

thanks again

i got a question can you go to space and build nukes and destroy the world
                ha

Comment

Re: time going to fast

Originally posted by the letter c
                  dose anyone have this problem
                  can someone help me
                  i cant get tecnologically advanced to do all the cool things because i run out of time

what should i do
                  Build libraries, increase science rate, increase commerce by development, cut down on corruption by going to democracy or a similar government, build more cities

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to reach the highest levels of tech development (assuming you want to stick around that long) before being forced to retire.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by the letter c

i got a question can you go to space and build nukes and destroy the world
                    ha
                    You can launch a Space Ship to Alpha Centauri to win the game.

You can build the Appolo Small Wonder.

You can build nukes

If you build enough of them I suppose you could at least pollute every tile in the game. But you can't live in space and nuke all the groundlings while safe in orbit. You have to stay down there along with all the rest that are choking on the results of your insane action of nuking the world.

I don't recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                    X