Multiplayer Tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Tweaks

I find nothing more annoying in Multiplayer Civ 2 then when I'm trying to explain a battle plan to an ally or establish a border with and enemy and they just don't understand where I'm trying to go.

What I'm suggesting is a collaboration tool where players in a negoation can draw on a map and type as well to explain stuff to other players. All players would be able to type and draw at the same type. Similar to the drawing program at Mplayer, while your waiting in a game room. I think this would be a nice addition to multiplayer.

------------------
    "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
    "If the great Emperors of Rome, Egypt and Greece were alive today, do you think they would prefer Coke or Pepsi?"
    I AM CANADIAN!
    Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
    CornEmpire Owner/Operator
    Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

How about a message box (as part of the basic window) where you could chat with an ally/enemy/anyone and that does not include demands/change of war/peace status. That way, the game can proceed faster and you can have a 'conference call' to all your allies or a joint threat to all your enemies. Much faster!

Comment

quote:

What I'm suggesting is a collaboration tool where players in a negoation can draw on a map and type as well to explain stuff to other players. All players would be able to type and draw at the same type. Similar to the drawing program at Mplayer, while your waiting in a game room. I think this would be a nice addition to multiplayer.

That's a really good idea! Though I've bought, but never tried multiplay-civ2, I think that the joint threat system should be expanded so that diplomacy can be conducted between groups (not just 1 on 1) of civs (excuse me if this is already the case). It would also be like a chat, just that you still have all the options of a diplomatic talk (eg demand money/town_\).

------------------
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
      [This message has been edited by UltraSonix (edited July 21, 2000).]
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Working...
      X