A Riddle : I play civ , Who am I ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Riddle : I play civ , Who am I ?

I still don't get it . who am I in civ . a leader ? a god ? or maybe some kinda nation's spirit ?
    '

Who am I then ?

------------------
    Prepare to Land !
    urgh.NSFW

You are just yourself playing a computer strategy game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

You are anything your ego wants you to be!

Comment

Use some imagination, and be the collection of leaders or anything on up.

Comment

Someone once said:

"In civ, you are the spirit of your tribe"...

His theory was that you don't actually ORDER the armies and cities to do things, they just do what you say because you represent what the civ would normally do...

------------------
          ~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~
          "Oh, they have the Internet on computers now!"
          - Dealer of the POBS Poker Club - The next game starts at 12:00 AM (EST)
          - Webmaster of Apolyton Picture Contest IV

Comment

You are the leaders of your civ, in economics, in military, in government. You are always them.

------------------
            King Par4!!

fldmarshallpar4@icqmail.com

There is no spoon
            -The Matrix
            Let's kick it up a notch!!
            -Emeril Lagasse
            Fresh Soy makes Tofu so silky
            -Ming Tsai

Comment

A dedicated Micro-Manager in a stylised computer gaming environment.

Comment

Doesn't matter. Just play.

- MKL
                - mkl

Comment

I go with MKL. to hell with all that theoretical thingies about the background. like "what does a helicopter represent?" isn't it completely unimportant? does it matter what... wel, I also wondered what you are playing civ2 but.. forget it.

was that spam? I'd say semi-spam

Comment

Unfortunately, some of us have egos... Maybe the player is some sort of "spirit of the civ" or something - "This is your conscience speaking..."

------------------
                    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
                    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

The Volksgeist of your people maybe?
                      Personally, in Civ I'm not a person, but a tribe. That is, I'm not Alexander, but rather the Greeks. That's what I identify with, I pray that they will not put a general/personal unit in Civ III that personifies the player. That will not make me feel more attached to the game, but rather the opposite.

------------------
                      Hasdrubal's Home.
                      Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
                      Hasdrubal's Home.
                      Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

ok thnx . now I am really confused

no actually . I finally think that I've understood it . maybe that's just the reason of Civ beeing so appealing to so many ppl . in Civ you're what you wanna be . I often cought myself saying to myself : if I would be in this leader's shoed I would do so and so .... or if I would be the .....s I would do my best to conquer ......

thnx guys . Really .

Dalgetti

------------------
                        Prepare to Land !
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

IF civ3 is (mainly) based on what The List says, your tribe has it's own meaning and, if YOU are not taking this into advantage, they WILL split up into there own tribe.

SO: You are not the tribes spirit, right?

(Personly I think your just the person in your empire which has to decide on a certain point, only: you are all these persons in your empire)

ElmoTheElk

Comment

In the story of Civ II it said that the gods or the god chose 7 Immortials to rule 7 civs.

------------------
                            "Adorare Christantine!!!"
                            Republican Decree #1
                            [This message has been edited by Christantine The Great (edited July 18, 2000).]
                            "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                            "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                            "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Christantine The Great on 07-18-2000 09:45 PM
                              In the story of Civ II it said that the gods or the god chose 7 Immortials to rule 7 civs.

What's that. I never heard of it. Is this a foreign version or newer one than mine (FW).

Comment

Working...
                              X