Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for you kids w/ REALLY fast CPU's like 2.5GhZ +...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChaotikVisions
    Heh, i'll have to disagree with you here. Most of your other things are fairly decent advice, but this one only helps if your comp sucks in general. I play Civ3 while surfing apolyton, talking on IRC, leeching "stuff", and other things. I notice no change in turn time or slowdown from it. Not to mention all the programs i've got running, its really only needed if your computer can't handle it.

Oh, and for you WinXP users you can use msconfig to set what comes up at startup. Oh and I don't think my money was wasted either. I can do more with this then you can with yours, i'm sure. Its also a damn sight better then my old P150, which never would have ran Civ3 in the first place.

I suggest you take a look at Flights' post above yours on how important it is. Running multiple programs while running a game will cause slowdown.

msconfig is good, but I prefer startup cop, it has profiles and it won't delete entries and such. It's kinda idiot proof, which is good because you don't know what could happen if you disbale the wrong program at startup.

Flight: It was a packard bell. Stupid me, I left it on for a couple of days and it died. I took it to a local shop and he told me that humitiy added to the heat inside the computer and it basicly died. (it was a P 75Mhz with 16MB EDO RAM).
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Hutchins

Dust? Resit? You have to be downright careless to let some card fall out, and dust? Except for fans dust doesn't effect stuff, circuits...maybe contacts, but the clips on all your cards should keep those contacts out of dust's reach =) No problem with dusting, but don't expect dusting to improve system performance

Ever hear of insulation?

Do you think you put it in your house to keep the cold out?

No, you don't you do it to keep the warmth in.

Dust insulate the curcuit boards, not allowing heat to escape, if that goes on long enough the board will fry.
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
        You fail to relieze, that they are just unit build weights. There is no AI.
        The cheating AI's include special structures that give the AI a nice much needed boost. Yet is mostly just limits and weights, but it DOES make a dramatic difference! However, certain parts of the way AI does things can be changed by editing the units/structures and the best AI's have these changes.
        It may not be an actual AI, but the AI is vastly improved with the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by neonext

The cheating AI's include special structures that give the AI a nice much needed boost. Yet is mostly just limits and weights, but it DOES make a dramatic difference! However, certain parts of the way AI does things can be changed by editing the units/structures and the best AI's have these changes.
          It may not be an actual AI, but the AI is vastly improved with the changes.

I just wished they would release the code... working with the AvPGE code is starting to bore me.

Lets end this on a good note... deal.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
          X