What does "We Love the King" days do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "We Love the King" days do?

I know why I have them, but I dont know what they do.

Besides the fireworks... is there any actual bonus to having these?

I thought maybe if many towns have one I could have a golden age but it does not seem so.

They reduce corruption and waste and make the city less likely to defect.

I have also noticed a production bonus the turn the celebration starts.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Prolonged WLtK days in a city will reduce corruption and waste for that city. That can really help to get the FP built a fair distance from your capitol.

Also, score is somewhat based on number of happy people (more happy people over more turns leads to slightly higher score). You don't have to be in WLtK day to have happy people obviously, but if you have more you will be in WLtK state.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Interesting.

I know about the We Love The King Day's, corruption reduction, etc.

But I think it'd be neat if there would be more bonuses, like in Despotism remove tile penalty, and Democracy gives population increase, like in Civ 1 and Civ 2.
        Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Working...
        X