Any way to shut off palace view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to shut off palace view?

I'm kind of getting tired of the "people love you, want to improve you r palace thing", and was wondering if there was any way to get rid of it a la Civ2?
    Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

no. when the first one pops up just hit the X on top without building anything, and it wont bother you until you reload the game.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Thank, Uber!

With the Mac version, there is a preference as to whether to "be bothered" by the palace.

Comment

Esc works just like hitting x for getting rid of the palace screen quiclky

Comment

It won't bother you upon reload if you don't please the citizen. I accomplished this for 5000 years by being at war the whole time.

Comment

i too wish there was an option to turn it off. i find it really annoying even if i have to only click the x

Comment

Just build the ugliest, most architecturally repulsive structure possible. That'll teach 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by miccofl
                Just build the ugliest, most architecturally repulsive structure possible. That'll teach 'em!
                I don't have the guts to do that. I must build Roman style palace.

BTW: Does anyone thing building the palace should have some effect for the game, for example, the more you build to it, the more powerful the palace? I think that would be good.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                X