Has this ever happened to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this ever happened to you?

You're in a heated race for Adam Smiths trading Company.

Suddenly, an Aztec Cavalry attacks one of your cities. Your war elephant wins producing a great leader. Awesome, now you can rush that that wonder!!. Then, another Aztec Cavalry comes in, kills your victorious war elephant, and then...........kills your great leader -- Right when another war elephant was one square away, ready to help defend the city!!

I almost took a sledgehammer to my computer for playing such a cruel joke.

Well, I wasn't in a wonder race, but that has happened to me before. My rifleman produced a leader and then it was killed by the attcaking stack.

Comment

Ouch. That must have been brutal to watch.

I have never lost a GL, happily. I think that's because I have only gotten one from a defensive battle once (long ago). Luckily, I was able to get him out before the city fell to the vile, evil, cruel Shaka man. Other than that old game (man, that was a long time ago!), my leaders have come on offense, and I have therefore always been able to move them out of harm's way prior to the AI's turn.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It's happened once or twice... look at the bright side, though, I've done to the AI civs at least 5 times!!!

(rubs his hands with evil glee)
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
        X