Conscription Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conscription Requirements

Having only recently started playing Civ after several months of inactivity, and only VERY recently seeing games through the Industrial Age, I am noticing that it is impossible to conscript units in some of my cities. It seems to be in captured cities only, but that is only a guess. I have looked and looked, on the forums, the 'pedia, and even the coaster (or is it a manual?), but there seems to be no info regarding restrictions to conscription. Does anyone know FOR A FACT (please, no assumptions or hearsay, I want a REAL answer) what the restrictions on when you are allowed to conscript troops?
    Wadsworth: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.
    Professor Plum: Yes, but now I work for the United Nations.
    Wadsworth: Well your work has not changed.

You need nationalism and have to have a population of 7 or more and no unrest in the city.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

And no resisters either.
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

I think, but I'm not sure, that they have to be your own citizens. So a recently captured big city with no unrest and resistance but containing all foreign citizens would be undraftable.

Comment

Obviously, I know you need nationalism

I figured it was all of those factors, but since the game designers decided not to enlighten us on what you actually need..... but thanks
          Wadsworth: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.
          Professor Plum: Yes, but now I work for the United Nations.
          Wadsworth: Well your work has not changed.

Comment

Working...
          X