Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willem
    as would UUs.
    That seems like a pretty poor idea, IMO. UUs are meant to be upgraded versions of regular units; they have no drawbacks, only benefits. If you make a UU weaker than the regular unit in any area, you will be hurting the civ more than helping it. Imagine: We now complain about UUs that aren't much better than the base unit. With you idea, imagine the complaining of a unit that is actually worse than the base unit...

IMO, shields and production buildings make all of this building stuff categorically unecessary. I have yet to hear what buildings would add to gameplay that is not already covered by the present system... all I have seen is what they would detract.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

After you "build" a cavalry, the only thing that you need is food for the horse
      Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

I think it's a good idea AND I think it would add to the strategy aspects of the game.

Think about it. You send out a settler into the middle of the jungle to set up a base camp (city size 1) and I'm supposed to believe that this place can immediately start popping out MA:s and nuclear missles or, even worse, Space Ship parts?

But I agree with all of the people who say that it shouldn't be overkill. No I just think that the factory requirement for a tank it reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by fittstim
          Think about it. You send out a settler into the middle of the jungle to set up a base camp (city size 1) and I'm supposed to believe that this place can immediately start popping out MA:s and nuclear missles or, even worse, Space Ship parts?
          First off, a town of 10,000 is hardly a base camp. Second, if you decide to build a missile or wonder, it takes a few hundred years. Which makes perfect sense... I mean, since your civ has all the resources, it should be no problem to have the resources ran into a small town and finish the job in say, 80 years. That sounds more than realistic to me. Why you would want to do it, however, is another matter altogether...
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
          X