No announcement yet.

Starting to like armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know about no GL, but the question was about GA.

PS. Damn, I'm becoming completely americanized with all these abbreviations!

Comment

Oh, sorry, that must be what RedBird meant.

We're gonna have more and more problems with abbreviations anyway, with Medieval Infantry and who know what else coming. Maybe we should start using parts of words rather than just first letters... GLib, Glight, GLead.

Anyway, know that I know the question... I HAVE NO IDEA OF THE ANSWER!! For that matter, I don;t even know if an Army can trigger a GA at all.

My guess is though, that units are still units, even when in the Army, so if the Horsemen wins on attack, no GA. Which poses an interesting hypothetical: What if the Impi lost all of its hps on defense, and the Horsemen won?
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
        Oh, sorry, that must be what RedBird meant.
        Right, I first replied saying armies couldn't gen GL's (Great Leaders to those not in the know), and then I thought "alexman said this? I've seen his name for a while, he should know this". Sure enough, when I reread I realized he'd said GA (Golden Age). Unfortunatetly you can't remove your own post, so I just gave a Rosanna Danna "nevermind", and exited stage left.

I don;t even know if an Army can trigger a GA at all.

My guess is though, that units are still units, even when in the Army, so if the Horsemen wins on attack, no GA. Which poses an interesting hypothetical: What if the Impi lost all of its hps on defense, and the Horsemen won?
        So the army with the Impi (a potential GA producing UU [unique unit]) wins, but it was the horseman who pulled the army through. Huh. Good question. I was first going to say that a UU has to cause the GA, but UU's can be in armies. I know that units in armies can get promotions, but they can't gen GL's. But that still doesn't provide evidence as to whether UU's in armies can cause GA's.

Comment

Working...
        X