Trade Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Routes

The Trade System is very vague. I depend on Trade for 10%-25% of my Income. I am creating a Trade Screen that will show what Caravans are going To & From what cities. I will post the design here and at my website in a couple of days. (I have Finals this Week.) What do you want from Civ3 Trade Wise?

------------------
    GAMEOPOLIS

This is what I want from Civ3 trade wise
    I'll go though my idea in a vague way

types of goods-
    raw materials
    manufactured materials
    food

these things can be traded, to keep it simple no different kinds, just these 3. These are traded by trade routes. Trade routes set up by selecting the goods, and either building a caravan or juke, these change to freight and super tanker(better name).

type city
    >=buy most
    Science>Food
    Manfacturing>raw materials
    Raw materials>food
    Food>manufactured materials

All will need some of the other kinds, raw materials or food depending on what they make. Later they will be more polarized so importing food is very important.

Corporations and Guilds
    In early times you have guilds all the way to the corporation tech, which starts corps and they assimilate all the guilds in a number of years in your civ. These can produce goods faster for trade and building units. These can also be hired to take over improvements, see oranges thread, and make trade routes where they provide the caravans but take % of the money made.

Jobs-
    People need jobs, everyone needs to be hired to do something or they are unemployed. See "Corporations" thread, its old but you can find it to learn more. 3 everyone is either lower middle or upper class and is hired by either gov, corp, business. If there isn't enough jobs then people get mad.

That's about it, if we need a more complete version I'll type one up later.

------------------
    I use this email
    (stupid cant use hotmail)
    gamma_par4@hotmail.com
    Don't ask for golf tips
    Your game will get worse
    HappyLand
    There is no spoon
    -The Matrix
    Let's kick it up a notch!!
    -Emeril Lagasse
    Fresh Soy makes Tofu so silky