Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help the Democracy Game President with his idiocy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help the Democracy Game President with his idiocy!

I need to know whether attacking with a 1 movement unit (like an Archer) after moving along a road causes any attacking penalty.

ASAP please. Things are in the balance!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

AFAIK, there are no penalties. But I'm not sure.
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

That'll do me. I can always blame you now.

Just kidding.
      Consul.

Comment

NO!, that was in civ2 IIRC, NOT in civ3
        You didn't join a different game, did you?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm not in the Democracy Game so you can blame me, no problemo

Anyway, the only penalty is that units with 2 movement points lose the ability to retreat if they've lost a movement point before the attack.
          I've attacked with 1/3 movement points left and everything seemed OK. But again, that's only AFAIK.

Edited due to my stupid grammar.
          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
          --George Bernard Shaw
          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
          --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
            Anyway, the only penalty is that units with 2 movement points lose the ability to retreat if they've lost a movement point before the attack.
            Are you sure about this?

Comment

I don't think they lose the ability to retreat. My horsemen retreated the other day after using more than 1 movement point and then attacking.

Comment

Wrong forum.

Originally posted by alva848
                NO!, that was in civ2 IIRC, NOT in civ3
                You didn't join a different game, did you?
                Don't forget CIV SNES, many a riflemen died by my orders because I didn't understand this.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Now I'm not so sure anymore. But my horsemen never retreated after using 1 movement point. They just died instead. This is why I thought so. Maybe it was just pure chance
                  --George Bernard Shaw
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

It was chance. I'm sure they can retreat with only one move point left. Only thing that stops them is the randomness, or if the defending unit has only 1hp, or if they have nowhere to retreat to.

There are no attack penalties for having fractional moves left.

Comment

I also tested the retreat thing last night, and found out it had no difference if mu Knights had 2 moves or 1/3. They could retreat anyway. Remember that retreat isn´t 100% guaranteed anymore.

Comment

This thread is still going? Wow - and I only started it 'cause there was no-one online in the Democracy game forum when I needed the help.

Thanks to all who answered, it seems that there is no penalty for doing so (dunno about units with more than 1 move, though).

You can probably expect more demonstrations of my lack of detailed Civ3 knowledge to surface later...

Consul.

Comment

Later?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                          X