No announcement yet.

spearmen on the attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it makes sense to attack with spearmen... or at least it could, depending on the situation of the computer player. If, for example, they have a mass of horsemen in reserve, it would be stupid... but if they want to counter your invasion of archers proactively, spearmen do the job against archers just as well as archers attacking spearmen (which isn't too outlandish, IMO).
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Does this count?

I had the AI attack my 1 hit point elite knight with a spearman.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Yes, it counts!

I have never experienced it, but I have now heard at least four different people report such occurances, so I'm a believer.

So the conclusion is that the AI sometimes uses defensive units to attack. That's good IMHO, because it means that the human is not the only one to benefit from the extra attack strength of musketmen, for example.

Comment

RPM, depending on what units I had nearby and how many hp my spearman had, I might very well have done that too. I mean, the odds are against you, but you only need 1 damage...
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I do it all the time in the early game... one or two damaged AI Warriors or Archers near my town?? No problem, here's a spear in your eye.

I believe I have seen the AI do it too, on redlined units.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
            X