Zoom boom (or bust)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom boom (or bust)

Complaint: why does Civ3 offer only 2 levels of zoom and not let you resize the world map window? This is a big step back from Civ2 in the graphics dept. Any plans to fix this? Also when is 1.29 coming out for the UK edition?

what do you mean by U.K. edition???

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I mean that when you download 1.29 from the US site
      you are told that you have to get it from the UK site if you bought the game in the UK, and it doesn't exist on the UK site. When I tried applying the US version to my UK copy, very weird things happened, e.g. all my ships started sinking.

Comment

just get the english version from apolyton ( click here ) and that'll do it. works fine for me anyway.

Comment

Here are a few things Firaxis should do with the zoom and view of the map:

1: Allow the minimap be scrollable east to west and west to east.

2: Place a button that will remove all those white city dots, they look ugly on larger maps.

3: When I zoom out, there should a shortcut key that will remove all city labels from the map. I can't see anything because of them.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

>>>
            3: When I zoom out, there should a shortcut key that will remove all city labels from the map. I can't see anything because of them.
            >>>
            You can click on Clean Up Map (Map menu), although
            that removes a bit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by civjunkie
              You can click on Clean Up Map (Map menu), although
              that removes a bit too much.
              I know that
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
              X