Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I misplaced the buttons. How can I do that again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I misplaced the buttons. How can I do that again?

I was trying to press shift-A or something for my worker when my fingers slipped and pressed some keys simultaneously. After that, the command buttons at the bottom of the screen migrated to the right side!

However, when I saved the game, quit the program and reloaded it. The buttons are back to the bottom of the screen. I would like to move the buttons again but I haven't found any hot-key for that. So please help me find it.

Press Backspace
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yes. Backspace works. Thanks Solver. I thought that it must be a key sequence. Silly me. Is it on the hot-key list somewhere?

Comment

It's not... there's not a hotkey list actually anywhere. I just was pressing all the keys there are at some point, so I got this, too.

Comment

Yes thanks that happens to me, but I just left there. It goes back when I load up the next time. I thought I use to drag them down, but I may be wrong.

Comment

On a relevant notice, I can't see why you need the buttons. I have one hand on the keyboard when playing civ, and just tap the hotkey I need...

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              It's not... there's not a hotkey list actually anywhere. I just was pressing all the keys there are at some point, so I got this, too.
              Yes there is, in the Civilopedia under Game Concepts. Look for hotkeys. It's not entirely up-to-date however.

Comment

keyboard is certainly more useful if you're doing an action to a large stack of units.

now that we've got "wake all" & "fortify all" unit commands, what i'd like to see is "upgrade all" & "rest all" unit commands.

having to go via F3 to the military screen and upgrade all via right click & upgrade when you have 90 odd units is tedious & it gets even worse when only half the units are in cities with barracks...

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel
                  keyboard is certainly more useful if you're doing an action to a large stack of units.

now that we've got "wake all" & "fortify all" unit commands, what i'd like to see is "upgrade all" & "rest all" unit commands.

having to go via F3 to the military screen and upgrade all via right click & upgrade when you have 90 odd units is tedious & it gets even worse when only half the units are in cities with barracks...
                  Shift-U will upgrade all units in cities with barracks, quite handy.

Comment

Asleepatthewheel beat me to it... you take any of this type of units and Shift-U. The Military Advisor will tell how many would be upgraded, and how much it costs you.

Comment

i want fortify all of type and wake all of type so i can seperate my stacks of infantry from cav/tanks/whatever after recharging in a city

Comment

Is it really needed?

Comment

cheers guys, i didnt see the upgrade all units command when i checked the manual, just double checked now and its sneaked in at the btm of page 198. gah me fool

that would have saved me just a bit of time in the past. sob.

Comment

what do you mean?
                            it would be handy but i can always send my units to different cities or do it manually

Comment

Well Flight an idea. Say, you got a big stack of Cavalry and Tanks, and want to separate. Do wake all on them. Select a tank, press j, make them go to the adjacent tile. There you got it.

Comment

Working...
                              X