X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still off topic - to me the title of this thread looks like:

Qu?usted est?diciendo?

------------------
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
    No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

I'm first year, well I tried in 7th grade but I failed 1 time and wasn't able to take the thing anymore so 9th grade 1 year complete just one more then no more. I don't really understand spanish and amazed myself by getting a B in it, although it stops me from getting a 4.0, I should try harder next year. Thanks Orange we have to do a 3 page report on a famous spanish person in spanish and I needed those accents.

------------------
      I use this email
      (stupid cant use hotmail)
      gamma_par4@hotmail.com
      Don't ask for golf tips
      Your game will get worse
      HappyLand
      There is no spoon,
      But there is a knife

Comment

Hey par, well I don't know, I mean I'm a Prince. I don't heed to your calls, even wtih a cherry on top!

No I'll tell ya- it's an alt function.

You have you use the keypad for these, not the numbers up top

é - Press and hold Alt and type 642 to get an accented e

ú - Alt 675 for accented u

You can also enter MS word and select your language as spanish. But the problem is, some keys change function (you can put an upsidedown question mark, but it's hard to find on the keyboard since you don't have a symbol for it on your keys)

There are a lot of cool symbols you can discover with the Alt functions. For example § (Alt 789) Good luck with your final! (Or should I say - Buena Suerte?) If ya need any help I'm semi fluent in Spanish, took three years of it.

UltraSonix - I think if you're out of the US you have different keyboards that show the functions as something different. So it replaces all my é with a ? etc. I think everyone out of the US will get a similar glitch in my headline or even in this post.

------------------
        ~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~
        "Oh, they have the Internet on computers now!"
        [This message has been edited by OrangeSfwr (edited June 13, 2000).]
        [This message has been edited by OrangeSfwr (edited June 13, 2000).]

Comment

...Mumble... ...Amercians!... ... Mumble...

------------------
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
          [This message has been edited by UltraSonix (edited June 14, 2000).]
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Working...
          X