Civ 2 suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 2 suggestions

Yes, yes, that's not spelling error, and I know Civ 2 has came. I just happened to stumble at old list of Civ 2 ideas, made when Civ 1 was all we had, and thought that there could be some good ideas usable in Civ 3, as well. So:
    http://www.lilback.com/civilization/mp/civ2.faq.txt
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Thanks for digging that up!
    It makes for some fun reading, and there are some inspiring ideas in it.

------------------
    Ceterum censeo Romanem esse delendam.
    Hasdrubal's Home.
    Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

Hmm... inspiring...

1.Nobel Society: [300 +1000 Gold] (Explosives) Allows buying of technology advances from other civs at half the normal rate.

2.Holy Text: (Religion)

3.False advancements (e.g. Flat Earth). Cause higher science cost for
      the equivalent real advancement. This could easily tie in with the
      paragraph above for example.

I think these were the best things I found from the file, but not from CivII. Especially if you make 2 a rogue wonder which causes the 3 !
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

False advancements - I like that! Maybe after discovering a false advancement you'll have to exert extra science to find out the real science.

This would realistically model the period of time pre 1600 when the Church actively discouraged science and claimed the world was the center of the universe (I'm reading Life of Galileo, you see). And it would be too hard to add in, either.

------------------
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Working...
        X