Customizable dialog boxes--or add many new dialogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizable dialog boxes--or add many new dialogs

I haven't been following all the new ideas for Civ III, but one suggestion I would love to see implemented would be to allow the dialog boxes to be customizable. When making scenarios, it would be fun to run into a civ that made a personalized greeting. Of course this flexibility would allow abuse and the various messages have a certain meaning to be gleaned, but I love reading new text within the game and like the idea of being able to change things.

Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
    >doesn't get it."--don't know.

If you play SMAC, you can do this already. It's a lot easier with ACEdit, the fabulous, free faction editor located here:

Apolyton SMAC Utilities Page

Since they've already put this degree of customization into SMAC, Civ 3 is expected to be a lot more adaptable.

------------------
    "We are all greater artists than we realize."
    -Nietzsche

Comment

Customisation - yeah baby!

------------------
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Working...
      X