Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many civs will you be allowed to have in a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exactly Biddles. Thank's for clarifying for me

------------------
    ~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~
    "Oh, they have the Internet on computers now!"

Comment

You're gonna hit the same problem that CtP had with speed if you want... big maps AND lots of civs AND a good AI

There's no way around it... 16 civs is probably the playable max... although in 2002 you could probably up the system requirements a bit.

Comment

As long as you can edit text files to increase numbers and play the game without bugs and without it getting too slow too quickly then it'll be ok. Preferably there'd be the option in-game though. With a big warning telling you not to bite more than you can swallow. Perhaps some recommended processor speeds based on how many civs and how big a map you choose.

Asking for a fast-running game with 64 civs and an AI to handle it is asking too much. It won't happen.

- MKL
        - mkl

Comment

I like the idea - as long as the max civ limit can be modified by *pros* like us, and the suggested max is reasonable, the game'll be fine.

------------------
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Woooo..... Slow down a little. 60 civs, 70 civs, how many colors do you think is in the color spectrum. Granted I like lots of civs and lots of challenges but lets not go overboard.

I would like to see 15 max but there should be no difference betwen minor and major civs (unless your talking about scenarios then that's a different story). And I like the idea of cities asking for freedom but not a constant civil war. How would a person be able to win a game if every time he took over a few cities he had a civil war. I mean this is just overkill.

There is room for improvement but keep it realistic.

I also think that civs shouldn't be linked to mapsize because I for one like jamming lots of civs on little islands and seeing who can do the best.

Anyway that is just my two cents.
            I AM CANADIAN!
            Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
            CornEmpire Owner/Operator
            Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

Good point about the colours of the civs... Maybe UV light should be used?!

------------------
              No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
              No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Yah, than you can get a tan while you play Civ 3!! Awesome Idea UltraSonix!

I hope Civ 3 doesn't use the "color system". I don't really think Flags are appropriate either, but hopefully there can be some solution to this problem.

------------------
                ~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~
                "Oh, they have the Internet on computers now!"

Comment

Working...
                X