Thanks to all who post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to all who post

I've been lurking here for the last month or so, picking up tips while finishing my game with the Persians. I've learned a ton from reading what everyone has been saying, so much so that I'm kicking ass in my first regent game (as the Aztecs).

I just started the middle ages about 20 turns ago and have 24 cities (on a 160 x 160 map, 11 civs). I destroyed the French with my iron (I have all but one of the resources on the continent that I share with the Americans, Iroquois, Zuls, and formerly the French. I have the Iroquois backed into a peninsula (waiting for the right time to strike), and I'm about to unleash the fury on the Zulus. I built the Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, and the Lighthouse, and I might be able to get the Great Library.

I couldn't have done any of this without spending huge amounts of hours perusing these forums. My last game was on Warlord, which I won culturally with a puny score of 2100. I started playing Civ in middle school, played Civ 2 in high school and most of college, but haven't had much time for Civ 3 until recently, and my old skills weren't working as well. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted strategic tidbits for general consumption by the less-practiced and less-adept.
    Since when does the national security of the United States depend on the opinions of the heads of state of Angola, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chile, and Guinea?

This is definatly one of, if not *the*, best places to garner all sorts of useful (and sometimes useless) info.
    Last edited by N. Machiavelli; August 22, 2002, 17:15.
    Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Don't forget to check out the War Academy too. You are on your way to beat the Deity level at no time.

Comment

Originally posted by N. Machiavelli
        This is definatly one of, if not *the*, best places to garner all sorts of useful (and sometimes useless) info.
        Yes this place here is ideal: a perfect mix of interesting posts to master the game and funny side comments
        Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Originally posted by Galvatron
          funny side comments

I do my part for Apolyton thank you.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
          X